For many of us negotiations can already be a challenge, however, once we begin to negotiate with people from different cultural backgrounds the challenges begin to multiply. This one-day workshop will introduce the science behind different cultural negotiation styles and how to become more adaptable. Leveraging real-life cases and interactive role plays, participants will apply newly acquired skills to simulate negotiating in a global environment. When the workshop finishes, participants will be better equipped to create win-win results for internal and external negotiations.
Key Learning Points:
- Get better results by understanding and adapting to intercultural negotiation styles
- Leverage the psychology of motivation and interpersonal influence across cultures
- Apply a cross cultural lens to traditional negotiation concepts such as ZOPA, leverage norms and standards
- Use real-life cases to identify your strengths and areas of improvement for negotiations
- Kick Off & What is a Negotiation - How do you convince others to agree with you when there is a reward?
- Preparation ZOPA - Goals, expectations, and bottom line. ZOPA & Personal Planning Sheet
- Strategy: Psychological Impacts and Leverage - What psychological factors can influence both sides of negotiation
- Lunch (12:30 pm – 1:30 pm)
- Managing Global Stakeholders - What different cultures will consider appropriate in a negotiation
- Strategy: 5 Approaches and Application Matrix - 5 negotiation styles, situational matrix to set strategy
- Execution: Opening, Concession Closing - How to think strategically throughout a negotiation while focusing on influence-able interests
- Action Planning - Where to go from here
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is aimed for leaders who have global and multicultural roles and responsibilities.
Fee includes lectures, course materials and lunch.
包 括 会 务 费， 资 料 费， 午 餐 费。
Participants can send their questions in advance using the registration form.
In case of cancellation, please kindly note you must email the BritCham Shanghai Event staff Hilary.Wu@britishchambershanghai.cn before 6pm, 4 Sep. Due to the service charges of Event Bank and online payment platforms, we can only partially refund up to 90% of your ticket price and payment will be processed within 14 days after the event via your original payment method. However, it is non-refundable for cancellation request made beyond the above mentioned timeframe.